Thursday 29th September 2022. (Booking online only, firstname.lastname@example.org, on Monday 13th June from 9.30am. Instructions to follow in the June newsletter)
Andrew Davies’ Walking Tour: St Pancras and King’s Cross, A New Discovery
Please note this outing may only be booked online on Monday 13th June from 9.30am, email@example.com.
Our perennial favourite guide, Andrew Davies, was badgered to come out of retirement by so many Arts Society branches that he has finally agreed to do so. What wonderful news!
Originally booked for October 2021, but cancelled due to the advent of Covid, our visit to London with him has now been resurrected. Andrew has promised us an enthralling walking tour of the King's Cross area and a very different experience from the Henley Arts Society outing of 2012 to the same part of the world. We shall examine the two railway stations of contrasting style:
St Pancras King's Cross
One is exuberant and Gothic, whilst the other is austere and classical.
(Please click on blue print above to continue reading)
Usual Booking Procedure for Day Visits
1. Bookings are taken prior to the morning and afternoon lectures in the Ballroom at Phyllis Court Club (PCC), usually 2 months before the actual visit. The exact booking dates are available on our Website and printed in the annual calendar given to all members of The Arts Society Henley on renewal of their subscriptions in November.
2. Except when advised otherwise, bookings open at 09:30 in the morning and 13:30 in the afternoon. Places are filled quickly for popular outings so it is advisable to arrive early.
3. Bookings are only taken for the visit advertised that day and only accepted on receipt of payment by card or cheque (payable to TASH).
4. Members may book for themselves and one other member, except for the Andrew Davies Tours when it is single bookings only. You will be required to fill in a Contact Form and provide your name, email address, mobile and home telephone numbers and an emergency contact name and number. If you are booking for someone else, it would be helpful if you had these details, otherwise they will need to be posted.
5. Telephone and email reservations are not accepted until after the first booking date.
6. The coach departs from the Rugby Club, Marlow Road, Henley (opposite the entrance to PCC). There is car parking on site (payment by debit/credit card only). You will be informed of the relevant departure time when you book. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the departure time. Please note that the coach is not able to wait for late arrivals.
7. Cancellation: payment will only be refunded if the place is taken by someone on the waiting list. Please note that places may not be taken by non-members except by prior agreement.
9. Please do not hesitate to get in touch by email or telephone if you have any queries. I am happy to help and want you to have an enjoyable day.
If you wish to get in touch prior to the visit, you can email me at
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07939 062321. On the day of the visit please phone 07939 062321